August 1, 2012
In case you weren’t on the mailing list,find the link to this year’s Aged Care IT survey.
I’ve included the original email for reference. The survey can be downloaded off my site here and sent back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would love to canvas opinion from those within the industry as I found the survey quite wanting. I contacted Margaret then Barry to discuss some of the issues around the survey and where I thought it was lacking.
Firstly, the email
An Important Message to all members (including CEOs, Financial and ICT Managers)
Aged Care IT Survey
LASA Q has been asked on a number of occasions to conduct a survey of ICT use, advice and support of Aged Care facilities, Community Care operations and Retirement Villages in Queensland.
We propose joining with a much bigger study being carried out across all industry sectors, but will aim to gather as much industry specific feedback as possible so that at a later date we can provide a report, case studies and information sessions to help our members.
Attached is a simple tick box survey (49 questions) that should only take 5-10 minutes of your time to complete and then return to email@example.com or fax to 07 3715 8166 by Friday 10 August 2012. Please note that no contact information will be given to anybody, so you will not receive spam because you filled in the survey.
Aged Care IT Survey
[wpfilebase tag=file id=5 /]
Sent: Thursday, 26 July 2012 7:56 PM
To: Margaret West
Subject: Aged Care IT Survey
Good evening Margaret,
Please find attached the Aged Care IT Survey.
If I may offer some constructive feedback.
- It seems quite ironic that we do a IT survey about technology in a traditional word document instead of utilising the many online survey tools available today. In my opinion is creates a credibility issue.
- The question set seems targeted towards small business
- It would be good to see the question set incorporating Virtualisation platforms, Virtualisation servers, Terminal services platforms, BYOD, Mobility platforms, IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, Social Media, Cloud computing, Training/Educational platforms, CDN, WAN optimisation, Data deduplication
- More questions around the CMS, Payroll, ERP systems
- Licensing models – ELA etc, and a breakdown on issues around Device CALs, etc.
- Details around managed services, outsourcing (onshore and offshore) and number of external contractors
- % of staff using technology daily – email, CRM, ERP, Clinical, Internet etc
- Data warehouses and Issues around data sovereignty
- Top 5 systems used in the organisation
- A generic question on the state of the nation around ICT and the Aged Care Industry
To LASAQ’s credit, I had a phone call within the hour from Barry. He explained his point of view and that they believe they would get more responses from a word document based survey.
For those interested, find links to last year’s Not-For-Profit e-business report
[wpfilebase tag=file id=3 /]
[wpfilebase tag=file id=4 /]
More Details about the reports can be located here
Please partake, in the survey and better still, I would like to know your opinion on the content of the монтаж кондиционеров в могилеве questions