National Peoplepoint Forum – A case for Aged Care consumer and industry advocacy
Advocacy, if ever there were a case for consumer and industry advocacy and surely would have to be around the XaptCare or Peoplepoint product.
I am currently attending the inaugural Peoplepoint National Forum. For those within the Australian Aged Care Industry they would be aware of the tipsy turvy ride of Xaptcare under the Eclipse, Peoplepoint, CDC and now Aptean banner.
Within the room there are 29 Representatives from 21 Organisations all seeking the holy grail of 1 electronic health record across the continuum of care. To Peoplepoint’s credit they listened to their customer base and initiated state user groups. The sentiment amongst the group is that Peoplepoint have not delivered a value added product (disclaimer: there is a survey circulating to substantiate this).
There are number of organisations that are sitting on the fence and deciding whether to exit the product or whether to stay. A key decider will be how Peoplepoint/Aptean presents their vision of the future plus address the issues of the past.
Key items from the users groups to be addressed can be surmised as:
- 2012 AX licensing move to named licensing. Massive cost implications Need resolution of this issue or face the potential for many companies to move away from the product. Need strong direction from PeoplePoint as to resolution of this issue
- Capability and Viability of PeoplePoint as a product/company. Need demonstration of commitment to the product and user base by increased number of “skilled” developers and support staff. What is the current resourcing situation.
- Lack of industry experts within PeoplePoint or visibility of engagement with industry experts Need list of industry experts who are engaged in product development. Need engagement with user group experts on product development.
- Ongoing bugs and issues Demonstration of how these are being addressed. Many spanning years and multiple releases.
- Roadshow strategic vision and roadmap vs demonstrated achievements
- Lack of customer engagement
Peoplepoint has a challenge in front of them on how to win over organisations. Indeed, a hurdle they seemingly have to overcome is their perceived inability to listen to their customers.
There is one benefit coming from this forum is that we now have a number of organisations united.
As part of the National user group forum it was suggested that the user base construct a forum to help each other and Peoplepoint.
Please contact me if you wish a copy of the surrey, being connected to a user group or to be added to the mailing кондиционеры инверторные купить в минске list
Links that may be of interest: